Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday Shop Talk – Song of Spring

Antique Brooch by ChatterBlossom #antique #jewelry #bird #brooch #1800s
Personality: The Sweet and Cheerful
Places you'll find yourself: Humming to your heart's content as a warm ray of sunshine brightens your day
Victorian Bird Brooch #victorian #jewelry #1800s #brooch #bird

I'm not a cold weather kid. I'm just not. I like warm, sunshiny days that I can have the heat of the sun on my face. We are knee deep into December now and I already need a dose of spring. I figured this little birdie may help. I made this brooch from an antique button titled "Bird on a Wall", circa 1890-1918. I have a number of rather large buttons in my collection and they seem a bit too big for rings and necklaces. However, they are the perfect size for a lapel pin! This one has gorgeously rich detailing of a songbird atop a brick wall, peeking into a rose garden with a lovely view of a neighborhood of homes in the background.

Antique Lapel Pin #antique #jewelry #vintage #bird


Vintage Lapel Pin #vintage #jewelry #antique #brooch
View my entire shop here.


Last Week's Saturday Shop Talk:



Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. The humming bird is so sweet, another great piece! Have a warm and splendid weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The piece is gorgeous! It reminds me that even though it's snowing outside, spring will be here soon, and the hummingbirds will be visiting my garden again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have done an amazing job with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully lovely piece! I often find myself especially drawn to bird imagery and items depicting winged creatures during the winter months, when so many fewer of the real deal are to been around these snowy parts.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete