Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Photo Swoon – Shorts Season Shortening

1940s Shorts Wearing Pinup #pinup #vintage #1940s

Although it is still plenty warm to wear shorts, the season is indeed ending soon. At least for me anyways because I get cold rather easily and reach for warmer duds early on in the fall. Dancing doesn't follow that vein though. I can wear summer frocks year round in that arena of high tempos. How long do you all wear your summer gear? Obviously it can depend on where you are located. North Carolina is pretty temperate and the seasons aren't drastically different. I imagine I'll see people in shorts and tanks until October. 

This post full of pinups in shorts is also a bit of a teaser for this weekend's Sunday Snag! Ooooh, can't wait to share it with you! Stay tuned!

Group of 1940s Pinups at the Lake #pinup #1940s #vintage #fashion
Rita Hayworth #1940s #vintage #fashion #photo

Last Week's Friday Photo Swoon:


Follow on Bloglovin

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - changing into shorts right away!

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shorts are so cute -- and these pictures are adorable. The gal in the last one looks a little like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pin up shorts are so iconic! I love winterising summer dresses with tights and cardis, they last all year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could wear shorts, I almost never do though. I love how they look on others, but I never feel comfortable in them...my legs are much too skinny and unshapely, lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. These vintage gals in shorts is just too sweet! I adore these pictures! I am sad that summer is almost over! Won't be able to wear shorts much longer here!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun photos! I sadly live in Minnesota ... Actually, I love it, but I can't wear shorts for very many days :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this chic retro inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these photos! Today we have really great summer weather aka shorts weather. But sadly I think that's just today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely retro pictures and style!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always have a pretty cardi ready to pop on – and sometimes I add a thick jumper and coat – even in the middle of the summer. I love the sun and can’t stand the cold – it makes my poor old bones hurt! I love the photos and am looking forward to Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  11. By Canadian standards, we get pretty long summers here in the arid, desert-esque Okanagan Valley, so one can usually wear most, if not all, of their summer threads well towards the end of September (sometimes even into early October). Last September was a scorcher! I remember we went out to listen to some jazz music one night and I was overheating in a thin jersey dress with a small faux fur capelet over my shoulders at 10pm!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete